Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A 7-part Hockey Video Series

http://coachchic.com/get-this-awesome-hockey-gift/
Over a few years of penning this Hockey Diary (and other site posts), I'm sure I've mentioned my long ago studies in the old Soviet Union quite a few times.  Ya, it kinda formed the basis for a lot of what I've done in the years since, and the way I still view hockey training today.  It was THAT awe-inspiring.
*
Then, while readers probably never noticed it nearly as much, one of my college courses has affected my work at least as much of those studies in Mosow.  That course was called "Principles of Motor Learning".
Yes, motor learning...  That line of study calls a ton of things into play, but the main idea of that course was to know how best to teach a given skill.  It's about reading the athlete or group of athletes, how to practice a given skill, about the right pacing of drills, about the lead up skills, determining whether a coach should teach the whole skill or break the skill into component parts, it's about matching practice conditions with those in which the motor skill is going to be used, the rate of skill progressions, and so much more. 
To be honest, you're not going to find any of that stuff on YouTube -- meaning either the science I learned from the Soviets, or the unique teaching principles I learned from my favorite college course.  

With that, I've been promising for some time to share those ideas with others, and I'm doing it in a 7-part video series available through the link down below.  Of course, I'm a hockey guy, and I'm talking about hockey in most of those videos.  Still, a youth baseball, football, basketball or soccer coach would gain plenty from the ideas I'll be sharing.  (And, while some of the information I provide is rather high level, one of my best skills as a teacher is to explain things like that in rather simple terms.)

If you'll click on the image below, you'll be taken to an opt-in form.  All you'll need to enter is your email address and name, and you'll start receiving those videos.  I promise you'll like them...

http://coachchic.com/get-this-awesome-hockey-gift/

No comments:

Post a Comment